As a professional writer, I understand how overwhelming it can be to navigate healthcare and medication costs. Xeljanz is a medication used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ulcerative colitis. It’s important for patients to have access to information about the cost of this medication, especially if they don’t have insurance coverage. In this article, I’ll provide an overview of the cost of Xeljanz without insurance and answer some frequently asked questions.
- Cost of Xeljanz Without Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pros of Xeljanz
- Tips for Reducing the Cost of Xeljanz
Cost of Xeljanz Without Insurance
The cost of Xeljanz without insurance varies depending on the dosage and where you purchase it. According to GoodRx, the average cost of Xeljanz 5mg is $4,950 for a 30-day supply. The cost of Xeljanz XR 11mg is even higher, averaging $5,280 for a 30-day supply. These costs can be even higher in some areas of the country.
It’s important to note that these are average costs and you may be able to find Xeljanz at a lower price by shopping around or using a prescription discount card.
Additionally, Pfizer, the manufacturer of Xeljanz, offers a patient assistance program for eligible patients who can’t afford their medication. You can learn more about this program on the Pfizer website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Does insurance cover Xeljanz?
- A: It depends on your insurance plan. Some plans do cover Xeljanz, while others may not. Check with your insurance provider to see if Xeljanz is covered under your plan.
- Q: How can I save money on Xeljanz?
- A: There are a few ways to save money on Xeljanz, including using a prescription discount card, shopping around for the best price, or applying for patient assistance through Pfizer.
- Q: Can I buy Xeljanz online?
- A: It’s not recommended to buy Xeljanz or any prescription medication online. There are many fraudulent websites that sell counterfeit drugs, which can be dangerous and ineffective.
- Q: Is Xeljanz available in generic form?
- A: No, there is currently no generic version of Xeljanz available.
Pros of Xeljanz
Xeljanz has been shown to be effective in treating rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ulcerative colitis. It’s also an oral medication, which can be more convenient for some patients compared to injectable medications. Additionally, Xeljanz has a lower risk of infections compared to some other medications used to treat these conditions.
Tips for Reducing the Cost of Xeljanz
Here are a few tips for reducing the cost of Xeljanz:
- Use a prescription discount card
- Shop around for the best price
- Apply for patient assistance through Pfizer
- Ask your doctor if there are any alternative medications that may be less expensive
The cost of Xeljanz without insurance can be high, but there are ways to save money on this medication. Using a prescription discount card, shopping around for the best price, and applying for patient assistance through Pfizer are all options to consider. It’s important to talk to your doctor about the best treatment plan for you, including the cost of medication.